Telecoms and VoIP
We are pleased to be able to offer VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephony services. Instead of a traditional analogue phone line, VoIP has an abundance of features that small business owners can take advantage of. This leading technology, whom more and more companies are switching to, allows you to make and receive phone calls over your internet/ broadband connection.
There’s more to VoIP than just making and receiving calls. Systems can integrate teleconferencing, message forwarding, music on hold, etc. Allowing you to keep in touch with employees regardless of where they are, either working from home, abroad or in the office. Furthermore, voicemail messages can be sent via email, so they can’t be missed.
Overall benifits of VoIP include:
- Lower calling costs — Most VoIP users said cost is the main reason they use the service. VoIP calls are significantly cheaper, especially international calls.
- Greater manageability — Putting a telephone system on the company’s computer network makes users’ phones easier to manage. Adding or moving extensions requires a simple change. It can be done in software configuration, rather than a complex re-wiring.
- Enhanced mobility & ability to work remotely — With business VoIP, employees can make and receive calls on their work lines while they’re out of the office. This works by using computer software that imitates their physical telephone. Many systems also have call routing features that automatically forward calls to users’ mobile or home phones.
- Advanced features — Since it is software-based, many business VoIP systems come standard with powerful calling features that can enhance users’ productivity. Some common features include: a display screen showing a name directory, call records, and other information. As well as multiple folders for organising voice mails, and integration with PCs that let users call a number directly from a web browser or address book in an email client.
- Integration with other software — Business VoIP systems can also enhance productivity by integrating with other software applications the business uses.
Future and disaster proof
VoIP offers a long-term resolution to almost all businesses telephone needs, as only an internet connection and a VoIP enabled handset is required. Additionally, a VoIP system can simply expand as your business does. By adding users/handsets without the cost and hassle of installing additional telephone lines each time to accommodate them. Should you open a new office, relocate or even have an emergency, such as a flood, your phones can be picked up and plugged in at another site. In the industry this is known as ‘plug & play’ as it facilitates the ability to get up and running without the disruption of changing numbers.
Operating costs for VoIP are lower than the standard telephone providers, especially if you make a high volume of international calls. The number you dial out from is virtual, therefore, is not connected to a physical landline but appears to be so. For instance, customers and colleagues can call you at the local rate instead of the higher international rate as your virtual phone number appears to be within their local exchange even though it isn’t. As this all runs in the background automatically, you don’t need to understand the inner workings of the setup. Just remember it will lead to great savings.
Learn more VoIP for your business, call us on 01376 653115